1. The rights of admission to the hostels will be reserved with the Office of the Director based on the recommendations of Academic Cell and respective i/c Wardens subject to availability of hostel rooms.
2. A student, who violates the rules of the hostel or causes indiscipline, may be fined and /or rusticated from the Hostel/Institute. If a student indulges in violent activity, he/she will be immediately suspended from the Hostel and his/her entry to the Hostel will be banned. In case of non-compliance, The warden after investigation can recommend to the Director on other punishments too based on the severity of the non-compliance by the students.
3. Admission to the Hostel will be renewed for every academic session until the completion of the minimum duration of the degree program.
4. Admission to the Hostel will be subject to the following rules:
(A) Fresh Students: On the basis of admission order
(B) Old Students:
1. I) According to the duration of the Course.
2. ii) Behavior during stay in the Hostel/University.
iii) Who disobeyed the rules and regulations during their stay will not be given accommodation in the hostel for the next year.
1. iv) Regularity in payment of dues of the Hostel during previous years.
2. The students whose residence is within 40 kilometers from the Institute campus may not be given accommodation in the hostel. For the girls, this distance should be more than 25 kilometers.
3. Accommodation in hostels will be provided under following conditions :
4. a) Room sharing will be compulsory for all students including PG’s, fellowship students and UG’s.
5. b) The duration of stay in the hostel shall not be extended beyond their prescribed course duration irrespective of the status of successful completion of the respective degree programmes. Extension to stay in hostel may be considered up to the next University examination schedule for genuine reasons based on health grounds or any other valid reasons subjected to the approval of the Director.
6. Student must fill the form in his/her own handwriting and it must carry:
7. a) Recommendation of the Head of the concerned Department
8. b) Signatures of Father/Mother/Guardian on the declaration forms and
9. c) Two passport size photographs attested by the concerned Head of the Department.
10. Admission in the Hostel shall be cancelled and security deposit forfeited if false statement/address is given in the Hostel admission form.
Note: If the parents are alive, guardian’s signatures will not be accepted.
9. Ignorance of Hostel rules will not be taken as an excuse.
10. Every hostler and his/her Parents/Guardian have to submit a declaration regarding prevention of Ragging along with admission form.
For the information of students, Forms of Ragging and its Punishment is given below :
Clause (3) what constitutes Ragging :
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
1. Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student
2. Indulging in rowdy or in disciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear on apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student
3. Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student
4. Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher
5. Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students
6. Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students
7. Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person
8. Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insult which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill form actively of passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student
9. Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student.
10. With or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any student.
Clause (7) Action to be taken by the Head of the institution :
On receipt of the recommendation of the Anti-Ragging Squad or on receipt of any information concerning any reported incident of ragging, the Head of institution shall immediately determine if a case under the penal laws is made out and if so, either on his own or through a member of the Anti-Ragging Committee authorized by him in this behalf, proceed to file a First Information Report (FIR), within twenty four hours of receipt of such information or recommendation, with the police and local authorities, under the appropriate penal provisions relating to one or more of the following, namely
1. Abetment to ragging
2. Criminal conspiracy to rag
3. Unlawful assembly and rioting while ragging
4. Public nuisance created during ragging
5. Violation of decency and morals through ragging
6. Injury to body, causing hurt or grievous hurt
7. Wrongful restraint
8. Wrongful confinement
9. Use of criminal force
10. Assault as well as sexual offences or unnatural offences
12. Criminal trespass
13. Offences against property
14. Criminal intimidation
15. Attempts to commit any or all of the above mentioned offences against the victim(s)
16. Threat to commit any or all of the above mentioned offences against the victim(s)
17. Physical or psychological humiliation
18. All other offences following from the definition of “Ragging”
Provided further that the institution shall also continue with its own enquiry initiated under clause (9) of these Regulations and other measures without waiting for action on the part of the police/local authorities and such remedial action shall be initiated and completed immediately and in no case later than a period of seven days of the reported occurrence of the incident of ragging.
Clause (9): Administrative action in the event of Ragging :
9.1 The institution shall punish a student found guilty of ragging after following the procedure and in the manner prescribed herein under:
(a) The Anti-ragging Committee of the institution shall take an appropriate decision, in regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging established in the recommendations of the Anti-Ragging Squad.
(b) The Anti-Ragging Committee may depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging Squad, award, to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishment, namely.
1. Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
2. Withholding/withdrawing scholarship /fellowship and other benefits.
3. Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
4. Withholding results.
5. Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
6. Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
7. Cancellation of admission.
8. Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
9. Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
10. Provided that where the persons committing or abetting the act of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment. An appeal against the order of punishment by the Anti-Ragging Committee shall lie with the Director of the Institute.
11. No guest will be allowed to stay in the hostel during night.
12. No present or old student of the Institute can be the guest of the hostel resident.
13. No Hostel Resident or his/her guest is allowed to take arms of any kind in the hostel.
14. No Hostel Resident shall be allowed to change his/her room during the session without prior permission.
15. The Institute reserves the right to get the hostels vacated during unavoidable circumstances for the purposes of maintenance, civil works, room modifications etc.
16. Every Hostel Resident shall be responsible for the safety of the furniture and gadgets provided in his/her Room and these cannot be shifted from one room to another. It shall be the duty of the Hostel Resident that the furniture handed over to him/her should not be damaged. He/she should not keep the furniture outside in the sun or rain. Defaulters will be fined.
17. Hostel Residents are prohibited to take away the furniture from any Room, canteen or mess to their Room.
18. Before vacating the hostel, a hostel resident shall obtain the clearance/NOC from the Hostel office and shall personally hand over the charge of the room and other hostel properties to the Warden. He/she shall personally be responsible for the loss of the hostel property and shall also pay for the repairs of damage caused to the furniture fixtures/fittings.
19. A hostel resident will be required to vacate the room within 48 hours after his/ her examination is over. He/she shall have to pay a fine of Rs. 50/- per day for over stay. If he/she fails to vacate the hostel within the specified period then he/ she would be declared to be having unauthorized possession which will lead to his/her expulsion from the hostel. His/her lock shall be broken in the presence of a representative of the Director and Warden and the room thus opened, shall be considered as vacated from that very day.
20. Hostel residents are advised to keep the Institute identity cards always with them and should produce the same whenever asked to do so by the Institute authorities/Security personal.
21. Students can meet the Director/Warden/Officer i/c of Academic cell in their office in case of any complaints.
22. Hostel residents are cautioned not to keep cash, ornaments and other valuable/costly articles in their rooms. They themselves will be responsible for the safety of mobile phones and laptops, Institute will not be responsible in any kind of loss.
23. Indiscipline, misbehavior, gambling and use of drugs and keeping arms ammunition in the four walls of the hostel or the hostel room are strictly prohibited. Violations of the above will make the Hostel resident liable to eviction from hostel.
24. The use of TV, fridge, washing machine, stereo, radio or transistor and electrical iron in the room is strictly prohibited.
25. No hostel resident is allowed to cook food or prepare tea in his/her room.
26. Possessing of gas cylinders, electrical stoves or any other inflammable items inside the hostel is strictly prohibited, the residents of the hostel will be immediately suspended or expelled from the hostel premises.
27. The hostel resident is expected to maintain discipline and have good conduct with the Institute authorities.
28. The Institute authorities can ask any hostel resident to vacate the room at any time on account of bad character or ill health.
29. A hostler may be asked to open his/her room, almirah etc. for inspection by the Warden whenever required.
30. Smoking or drinking or use of any other intoxicant by the hostel residents or their guests is strictly prohibited.
31. At night the hostel residents will sleep in their own rooms. A hostler cannot sleep in another room without prior permission of the warden.
32. No meeting can be held within the premises (boundary) of the hostel without the prior/ written permission of the warden.
33. The hostel residents are expected to return to hostel in time and the residents can’t come in or move out (after 10PM for Men and 8PM for Women). The hostellers have to inform the warden in case of return to the hostel is delayed for genuine reasons.
34. Hostel residents will make proper use of TV, newspapers, magazines, and indoor games if provided in the common rooms. Eatables, snacks, Tea etc, are strictly prohibited in the common room.
35. Hostel residents will wear proper dress while going to the common room, dining hall and office or roaming about on the campus.
36. A hostel resident shall personally seek permission to leave the hostel. The name of the hostel resident who is continuously absent for more than one week, shall be struck off the rolls and the possession of his/her room will be taken by the warden.
37. A student who remains absent for more than one month from the Department, his/her room will be got vacated.
38. Hostel residents will make it certain that their guests behave properly with the security guards. If they fail to do so, they can be asked to vacate the hostel room.
39. In case of nonpayment of the hostel dues, warden can get the room vacated after informing the Director and academic cell.
40. If any hostel resident tries to enter the room by breaking the lock or through the window or by smashing the windowpane he/she will be fined Rs.500/- and will also have to pay the cost of repair, disciplinary action will be taken against him/her by the authorities.
41. In boys’ hostel only males would be allowed to enter the hostel room. Similarly, in girl’s hostel only females would be allowed to enter the hostel room.
42. In the hostel, non-residents are not allowed to enter the hostel from 6.00PM to 8.00 AM.
43. If the Parents/Guardians of the hostel resident don’t respond to the call of authorities in an emergent situation, the entire responsibility would fall upon the Parents/Guardians.
44. If any student is found stealing in the hostel, strict disciplinary action will be taken against him/her he/she can be expelled immediately from the Hostel.
45. If any student is suffering from serious chronic disease, he/she must inform the same to the Academic cell/Warden. He/she will be allotted accommodation in the hostel only on recommendation of the senior medical officer of the Institute.
1. Every hostel resident will make sure that before leaving the hostel room, he/she switches off the lights and the fan. If he/she fails to do so, he/she will be fined Rs. 200/-
2. Use of any electric gadget such as heater rod, press, and radio/stereo etc. is strictly prohibited. If a hostel resident is caught having any such electric gadget then he will be fined Rs. 500/-per gadget. If the hostel resident repeats the same mistake, the fine will be doubled.
3. Hostel resident shall not damage any electric or sanitary items installed in the hostel. If he/she does so, then the repair cost along with fine will be recovered from him/her.
HOSTEL EXPENSES AND SECURITIES
At the time of admission, the hostel resident will have to pay the following expenses:
Monthly Charges Amount
1. The hostel fee for the various categories to be paid for one year or for the maximum duration of their stay in the hostel is listed as under.
2. a) Rent of Rs.1350/- per month for PG (Gents)
3. b) Rent of Rs.800/- per month for PG (ladies)
4. c) Rent of Rs.200 /- per month for UG (ladies and gents)
5. d) The fellowship/Trainees who visits for short duration have to pay rent of Rs.1500/- per month for their full term of stay.
6. e) An one time admission fee of Rs.2000/- has to be paid by all PGs, fellows and Trainees. (Not applicable for trainees, fellows, and observers staying for less than three months).
7. f) Hostel fee for the entire month has to be paid by the trainees/fellows irrespective of the number of days of stay in that particular month.
8. For the Residents whose courses end in the middle of the academic session, will also have to pay the admission fee and monthly fee charges for their duration of stay.
9. All dues are to be paid on or before the specified date. A hostel resident who fails to pay any kind of dues for more than one months will have to vacate the hostel room.
10. Under exceptional circumstances, if an old student wants to stay for the purpose of reappearance for the university exams, he/she can do so if accommodation is available with the prior permission of the Director for maximum of six months. Such student will have to pay the monthly fee as prescribed above. 5. If a student after seeking admission in hostel surrenders his/her seat from University/Institute on account of admission to some other institutions, the hostel fee paid by her/ him will be refunded after deducting processing fee not more than Rs.1000/-
1. Provision of breakfast, lunch and dinner services is made available for both PGs and UGs in the PG Hostel premises.
2. Mess will function under the direct supervision and control of the Director with the help of Wardens who will be assisted by Mess Committee.
3. The students residing in the boys hostel will have to pay minimum of Rs. 1500/- as mess deposit, which will be adjusted in the mess account at the time of leaving the hostel.
4. During vacation and training/official tour the students have to seek the prior permission from HOD and will inform to hostel warden. If a student does not want to take food in hostel mess on medical ground he/she has to deposit the prescription slip issued by the Medical Office. After that he/she will be given the benefit of discount of mess charges on prescribed days.
5. Paying of the Mess bills before the 5th of each month is compulsory after which a fine of Rs. 10/- per day will be imposed till the last day of the month.
6. Food will not be served before or after the mess timings, nor will it be served in the Room except in case of illness and that too, on the orders of the Warden.
7. Hostel Resident or the Mess steward can be fined for violating this rule.
8. Mess employees will be under the control of the Warden, whom he can suspend or recommend any other punishment for any kind of lapse to the Director.
9. Hostel resident can’t punish the employees but they can file complaint against them to the Warden.
SPECIAL RULES FOR GIRLS HOSTEL
1. At the time of admission to the hostel, Parents /Guardian should accompany their daughter to the warden. They will submit a list of relatives who are to be allowed to meet their child/ward.
2. Only authorized guests shall be allowed to meet the hostel resident in the hostel. Authorized guests can meet the hostel resident on all Saturday and Sundays from 10.00 AM to5.00 PM.
3. It is expected from the parents and the authorized guests to make their entry in the visitors register and also mention their relation with the hostel.
4. Hostel Residents can meet the guests only during the time assigned for this purpose in the hostel room.
5. In all circumstances, hostel residents will intimate their absence for the night with the written permission of the Warden and they have to sign in the leave register during office hours.
6. Hostel Residents shall be permitted to meet their local guardians only on Sundays and other holidays with the prior permission of the Warden.
7. Hostel residents who remain absent from the hostel without the prior permission of the Warden will be brought to the notice of their parents. Warden with the permission of the Director would take suitable action against such defaulters and give his recommendation to expel them from the hostel.